Re-Creating your HOME now and safely updating for the future trends worth paying attention to:
The Featured Home remodel is in the Sunnyside neighborhood, adjacent to the Highlands one of original neighborhoods of North Denver where I personally have deep roots being a 4th generation Denverite.
Immigrants from Southern Italy came to Sunnyside to work on the Colorado Central Railroad. Sunnyside was known as “Little Italy”. Now Sunnyside is known for its historic bungalows, modern homes.
This featured Bungalow went under an extensive remodel including: New garage with an apartment above, new kitchen, deck, veggie garden and addition for master suite, new master bath, all new flooring, carpet, decorative lighting and more.
Re-Creating your HOME now and safely updating for the future trends worth paying attention to…
- Kitchens remain a priority. According to HGTV survey 55% names the kitchen as area of consideration for their home. In the kitchen area 41% want a change of lifestyle, 38% want to add value and 38% want to improve the room functionally. Cabinets, appliances, countertops, hardware, lighting, hoods and furniture all important to a kitchen remodel.
- There are some options when it comes to cabinets. In Denver you can purchase re-purposed cabinets, countertops and appliances that come with a “A Story” which gives a sense of fulfillment. The cabinets are Eco-friendly which helps the environment by keeping waste out of landfills and saving natural resources. These re-purposed products are high quality items, the purchase price is 10-35% of what new cabinets cost. TB can assist with re-purposed cabinets, just contact me. Cabinet colors still remains neutral including black matte and always light natural woods. While colors are making a comeback and are fun make sure you are always thinking re-sale and consult with a professional, I can assist with sources.
- Appliances, Denver has numerous showrooms with many options at all price levels. Brushed stainless appliances are timeless and always a good go to. Technology has advanced to bring kitchens to almost a Jetson kitchen. Appliance showrooms, we are lucky in Denver because we have interactive options. Slab tops, granite and quartz continue to be the most popular countertop materials. Granite is a natural stone that comes I many colors and patterns and extremely durable. Quartz is also a very popular selection available in many solids and minimalistic patterns. Quartz has its own benefits of its own and numerous manufactures. Quartzite a natural material that is one of the most durable stones and can be illuminated to bring out the natural beauty of quartzite. Shop local, Galleria of Stone has an excellent selection of natural stone and gives excellent service and product knowledge. Porcelanosa offers a hard surface material called Krion a new generation of solid surface that offers a anti-bacterial and chemical free product. Pental Quartz offers an excellent selection of quartz in Denver also.
- Kitchen Fixtures and faucets there are numerous options and price points. Some professional options are available for home use also. Keep in mind that quality matters in this area for sure! Mixed metals matte blacks, brushed golds are a very popular choice currently. Ferguson and Ultra Design have numerous options some the same and both have exclusives.
- Backsplash Tile, past pandemics have impacted our home design and some of the materials and concepts we still live with today like subway tile. In the late 19th century, subway white tile was installed because of the ability to clean. Subway tile is featured in the Sunnyside kitchen in white textured Porcelanosa subway tile in a modern size and offering an impervious non-absorbent surface. Solid slab black splashes are another perfect option.